Monday, July 2, 2012

Handmade Envelopes

So if your like most people you probably have or have had in the past a subscription to some magazine. Many of you might even have one for work related reasons. As you know these magazines tend to stack up, and your left with either recycling them or shelving them or you can do like I did a while back and re purpose them. Here are just a few of the custom handmade envelopes I have that I think I will start selling on ETSY!... The great thing is that there is an enormous amount of magazines to choose from. Let me tell you about how these came to be. 

-So what I did first was actually deconstruct an envelope I already had to get an idea of how one was put together.

-Next I decided on what i thought might be a good size for my envelope to be.  Given that I only had so much to work with in the dimensions of a magazine cover the width could be no greater then what I had to work with.

-After copying the template onto the cover I then cut them out with a small paper cutter I got from Wallyworld.

-I bought glue and labels to finish them off, along with double sided adhesive strips so you can close them when ready to mail. 

I thought this would be a great idea for 2 reasons. The first being that it's a shame we don't hand write as many letters anymore, and 2 it's a great way to show your personality!

GO CREATE!











No comments:

Post a Comment