Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Time

I know we're in January but recently I hung a holiday painting I did several years ago in Safehouse Coffee n Teas here in the city I live. I wanted to share a few snapshots of the painting, which is based off of a children's book to which I can not for the life of me remember the title of. It was used for a children's Christmas performance, and was painted with spray paint and latex paints on a painters drop cloth that was purchased from Home Depot. Back then, I had to be real creative with canvas material b/c I was well BROKE! I still use those creative techniques today to keep costs down when painting etc. I did several of these and will share another I have in my studio that I haven't pulled out in some time....enjoy!

This piece is roughly 14' x 4'-5"








No comments:

Post a Comment