Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dresser redo pt2


While it's not completely done I couldn't help but post where I am at currently with the dresser I will be putting in my kitchen in the next week or so. I am in love with how it is turning out. My wife is too, and is already putting my next redo project on the docket....lol, HA...oh well. It has been fun I must say, but very time consuming. The 2 things I have left to do is sand the top down a lil to knock down some of the paint, distress, distress, distress, and possibly some poly to coat the top surface. then it should be complete. Let me know what you think about it. Oh BTW one lesson learned, NEVER PAINT OUTSIDE IN THE COLD. Trust me, no bueno!

It took more time then I thought it might to sand through the poly or whatever type of finish this piece originally had on it. 

So here are the drawers sanded down before I filled the extra holes with wood putty.








free handed some flowers inspired by a dresser I saw online one day. Once finished I will purchase some jeweled style knobs this week for the drawers, which I think will add a very nice touch.







Here is a picture of the dresser I found online that inspired the flowers I painted free hand.


2 comments: