Thursday, December 15, 2011

From skateboard to eyewear

So I love StumbleUpon.com, if your wanting inspiration you should check out the site. I could stumble for like EVER!...Anyways one day I was on the site and found some street art event videos which led to what I found today. Eric Singer is an amazing artist based in Portland Oregon who makes handmade sunglasses out of exotic hardwoods. That's right you heard me correctly. In the video below which I saw on Vimeo some guys are out skating in LA and one breaks his board. The next scene you see is the artist(Eric) taking that very same deck and going to work on it, to create what I think is nothing short of a masterpiece. I love his style, his vision to recreate something not only out of something used, but something that pre existed in our environment. Any way I didnt want to say much other then to explain the video and share it with whomever out there is listening! I LOVE THE CREATIVITY! LOVE IT! Go Create, it makes you feel alive...Oh BTW his web address is Shwood sunglasses



Experiment No. 1 - Skateboard Shades from Shwood Eyewear on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment