Friday, December 23, 2011

When Shots Range Out...

So those of you who have been following me on FB may have seen some posts here n there about a character I have been developing for the last 4+yrs i call the IdiotBox. Some of the pieces I have done with him have a political message of sorts, some a spiritual, so on n so on. Basically he's like a vessel I have used to get a point across. I'm in the process of branding him to the point that whenever some one sees him they will think of the artist behind him, namely ME! Kinda like when some one sees Garfield or Marmaduke, any way you get the picture. I have been collecting these small pieces of cardboard from work, they are roughly 5.5"x8.5". I do them in a very basic almost stripped down manner. I was inspired to do the first one by a great artist named Mear1 his work is phenomenal. I'll place a link to his website, you should go check out his work. I believe he works out of Los Angeles, but his work has been seen worldwide. Any who I do these small pieces here n there during down times that I have. This latest piece I just finished is titled "When shots range out" it reminds me a lil of a comic book scene, and almost tells its own story. Well Merry Christmas all!!! ENJOY! oh and here's a link to his tumblr account! Mear1 on tumblr

*Basically I start out with these materials and let inspiration kind of take over from there. Something always seems to strike a nerve with me and then the rest kind of lays itself out for me from there...



No comments:

Post a Comment